The Home Health Aide performs routine duties in caring for the patient in their home. They are qualified to provide personal care, exercise and ambulation, assist in therapeutic services, and accomplish some household services essential for health care at home. The home health aide supplements a patientпїЅs basic nursing or therapy care by providing the some or all of the following:
- Assist patient in meeting personal hygiene needs
- Prepare meals and assist with eating (if necessary)
- Provide some household services necessary for healthcare at home
- Assist with medications that are ordinarily self-administered
- Assist patient with ambulation using proper body mechanics
- Assist with routine maintenance exercises
Medicare does not cover home health aide services unless you are also getting skilled care such as nursing care or therapy.
Quality • Reliability • Dependable • Affordable
We can provide more information over the phone or schedule a free,
in-home nursing assessment.